- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of Affordable Housing regulations and acts as a resource to the Property Supervisors.
- Stays abreast of legislation, regulations and issues that may impact property management operations; interfaces with government regulatory agencies as management agent and ensures regulatory compliance; maintains effective working relationships with representatives of city, state and federal agencies, industry peers; and others involved with government. Disseminates relevant information, as appropriate to supervisor and property management staff.
- Assist in developing and maintaining compliance and systems standards, including but not limited to Yardi, Eden’s Scorecard, document management system, and any future system identified to assist with company performance.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures and monitoring systems for affordable housing compliance.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve property operations.
- Assists in the update, revision, and/or development of forms, reports, and manuals relating to property management issues and operations. Ensures implementation, and monitor progress as appropriate.
- Provides leadership in the development of property goals related to the compliance measures
- Oversees and/or collaborates in the completion of regular file audit inspections of selected portfolio properties to ensure they are maintained to Eden standards.
- Attends all HUD industry meetings and other regulatory agency meetings as required and appropriate.
- Work with Real Estate Development Department and other appropriate departments to assure effective operations planning for new developments, including budget formulation, systems for managing the transition from development to property management, and oversight and documentation of ongoing compliance requirements.
- Work with Real Estate Development Department and Executive Director as necessary to facilitate new project development, including on occasions where the EVP/COO is unable to be present, represent Eden Housing Management at public forums and interviews for new development.
Work with other operating departments to develop effective and efficient policies and in collaboration with the EVP/COO, works on team building related activities across the property management and resident services department to:
- Establish occupancy standards at the highest level achievable and assure that a maximum level of customer service to residents is provided.
- Collaborate with Compliance Department to ensure regulatory agreements are maintained
- Promote “excellence” in residential property team management relations.
- Assure Property Management team maximizes occupancy through the minimization of delinquent rent and vacancy loss.
- Works in conjunction with Property Supervisors to assist facilities management in order to ensure that physical maintenance and financial operations are at the highest level.
- Works in conjunction with the EVP/COO to improve operating efficiency and to ensure properties meet budget targets.
- Represents Eden Housing Management with its critical partners – lenders, investors, cities and other jurisdictions and facilitates communication and problem solving with its partners with the highest professional standard.
- Consults with Property Supervisors and Real Estate Development Staff on issues related to acquisition, project design and property management related issues that can be identified in pre-development and construction, as needed.
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transactions and activities between onsite staff and the Central Office to ensure appropriate monitoring and control of property issues and operations.
- Takes a leadership role in the resolution of communication issues with staff and residents.
- Provides leadership in the development of property goals related to the fiscal and physical health of the property.
- Oversees the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets, and assist new staff in the preparation; monitors budget performance.
- Assures that all audit information requested by the Accounting Staff is supplied in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conducts semi-annual physical site inspections of entire portfolio assigned to ensure properties are maintained to Eden standards.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approves all exceptions of them. Takes Leadership role in the resolution of resident relation issues.
- Ensures that quarterly portfolio meetings to include all property personnel in their portfolio.
- Assists in the development of property management training programs.
- Ensures timely, accurate, and complete reporting to all agencies, lenders, partners, and investors. Assist in the development of monitoring, reporting, and record keeping systems to ensure compliance.
- Effectively leads and works in a collaborative manner with different individuals and departments to include Resident Services, Accounting, Real Estate Development, and Human Resources.
- Work with other operating departments to develop effective and efficient policies and procedures to assure that overall effectiveness of the property management operation.
In collaboration with the EVP/COO, works on team building related activities across the property management and resident services department to
- Assist in the review of NOI on all properties to assure effective expense control and operating costs.
- Assists in the review and monitor monthly variance reports for all properties.
Directly supervises Property Supervisors as assigned by the COO. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.