ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transactions and activities between onsite staff and the Central Office to ensure appropriate monitoring and control of property issues and operations.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and terminates the employment of those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives; performs timely performance evaluations on supervised employees; assists Property Managers with site-level employees. Approves all new hires, status changes, and terminations for on-site personnel.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve property operations; reviews occupancy status; recommends rent schedules and prepares rent increase requirements to governing agencies.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approves all exceptions of same. Oversees the resolution of resident relation issues.
- Inspects the properties a minimum of twice a month to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations. Conducts periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
- Assists in or develops corrective programs to ensure physical and fiscal well being of the apartment communities.
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets; monitors budget performance and prepares summary reports of same.
- Reviews and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes recommendations.
- Assists in the update, revision and/or development of forms, reports, and manuals relating to property management issues and operations. Ensures implementation, as appropriate.
- Prepares and conducts semi-annual portfolio meetings to include all property personnel.
- Establishes ongoing working relationships with lenders and regulatory agency personnel.
- Ensures that regulatory agreements are adhered to and followed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of property management training programs.
- Attends all HUD industry meetings and other regulatory agency meetings as required and appropriate.
Manages property managers who supervise property staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the staff within their portfolio. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.