ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of residents (conduct needs assessments, community meetings, etc.) in order to offer residents the opportunity to assist their community and to guide them towards appropriate services and resources.
- Implements educational and enrichment activities for children and youth in the on-site after school program that promotes a safe environment, a supportive environment, teaches and practices social-emotional skills and promotes engagement from youth in design of program at assigned property location(s).
- Promotes after school program to property and local schools for assigned property location(s).
- Maintains ongoing collaboration with local elementary schools and communicates regularly with teachers regarding student’s progress, homework, etc. for assigned property location(s).
- Participates in organizing meetings and workshops for parents for the purpose of identifying or discussing youth concerns, successes, soliciting input on program components and parent education on best practices on engagement in their child’s educational development at assigned property location(s).
- Reports any concerns about the well-being of the families and children involved in the program to the Resident Services Manager/designee. Maintains program files and records. Maintains accurate records of attendance and progress of individual students at assigned property location(s).
- Surveys the resident population to identify priority of needs and solicit resident input on service preferences. Assist residents and property operations staff in understanding those needs.
- Develop strategies to link residents with needed services, including providing assistance in overcoming various barriers that might impede access to services.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with relevant organizations and individuals, with an emphasis on providing on-site services to residents and the community.
- Implement priority programs and essential activities through partnerships with other community based service providers/organizations. When other service organizations are not available, may deliver direct services.
- Participate in the development of pilot programs to test new models of service delivery and carry out implementation of specified programming at assigned properties.
- Collect required data for all programming offered, record data in the database (Salesforce) and submit reports in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain all reporting requirements set by funding and/or governmental agencies.
- Evaluate outcomes of regularly scheduled on-site programs and services as required for quality improvement.
- Report child, dependent adult and elder abuse and neglect according to State law.
- Obtain appropriate releases to interact with others on behalf of the resident. Maintain confidentiality appropriately.
- Work with property staff, families and community agencies to identify and address resident problems before they reach crisis proportions.
- Be an active member of the site team, working collaboratively with the property manager and other site staff to meet property needs and resolve resident problems. Work with residents to resolve conflicts with neighbors.
- Plan and coordinate recreational, cultural and social activities in coordination with property operations staff and residents, as needed.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive list of available community resources (employment, education, social service agencies, etc.) for residents.
- Attends all staff meetings, training sessions, and other appropriate meetings and conferences as required.
- Participate in relevant local, regional, state and/or national organizations as assigned.
Directly supervises volunteers and contract service providers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.