EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4-year college degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or related field; OR 2-4 years of experience and/or training in community development, social services or related field; OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Training or experience working with diverse cultures and specific populations, depending on the property. Experience with populations such as children and families, seniors, people with developmental disabilities or chronic mental illness, HIV/AIDS may be helpful or required.
- Crisis and mental health experience preferred.
- Experience conducting community assessments, applying the principals of conflict management and/or de-escalation techniques, and organizing community groups, events, and programs preferred.
PREFFERED SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Knowledge of services available in Bay Area counties.
- Understanding of procedures and eligibility for federal and state entitlement programs and legal liability issues related to service coordination.
- Ability to develop effective working partnerships with various types of community groups and institutions.
- Function effectively in an environment with diverse cultures, multiple perspectives, and competing needs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognizing residents’ knowledge and experience as a valuable resource.
- Motivate individuals to actively participate in services
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and community gatherings.
- Proficient with MS Office (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with Salesforce helpful.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish trusting, confidential relationships.
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups in cooperative problem-solving and consensus building.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Driver’s License and insurance required.