EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent;
OR 4 years related experience and/or training;
OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced degree in planning, business or a field related to housing is highly desirable.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience or background in housing, planning, business and real estate finance
- Experience or background in affordable housing development, planning or finance
- Knowledge of local, state and federal housing financing programs; including HUD 202/811, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, and Tax Exempt Bonds.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the concerns and needs of lower income people
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and budget preparation
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Effective public presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in project teams, and with a wide variety of individuals
- Proficient in Word and Excel (to conduct financial analysis)
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines
- Commitment to the companies’ goals and philosophy.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver’s License and insurance.